Happy 18 Months!
Fun facts for month eighteen:
Eating: 3 meals a day, 1-2 snacks (he will eat any time you offer him food)
Sleeping: all night, two naps a day (although headed toward 1 nap)
Diapers: size 4
Clothing: 12-18 months, 18 months
What's new for month seventeen:
- He says "I do", "cheese" (as in smiling for pictures), "bowl", "me", "bubble" and is combining lots of words "no, thank you" "yes please" "hi daddy" "bye bye daddy", "I le doo" (I love you)
- He is trying to say almost any word we ask of him
- If I say, "Guess what?" He says "I le doo!" because I always say that to him :)
- He is correctly answering questions with yes or no
- He is saying please when he wants more! Less tantrums! He is also pointing and saying please to show us if he wants something different.
- When he greets or says goodbye to anyone, he tacks "daddy" on the end. It doesn't matter who you are or if daddy is even present.
- He can point to his nose, mouth, and belly button (he is working on his feet)
- He loves to give me raspberries
- He blows kisses for fun
- He has so many funny sounds he likes to make
- He grunts and points when he wants to talk about something
- He says "no, no, no, no" and points if he wants something (trying to teach him to say "please" instead)
- He loves to roll the cars really fast and laugh (while trying to do a version of a car noise)
- He loves any kind of fast movement, throwing, or swinging
- He does "moo" for the cow, "nay!" (high pitched) for the horse, and a funny gutteral noise that is meant to sound like rawr for bears and lions
- We are reading a lot these days - his favorite books are the clock/time book (praying at different times a day book), the Baby Sees... book, the Little Blue Truck, Pride & Prejudice babylit, and Sense & Sensibility babylit
- He is getting more aggressive since his threenager sister has been a bit aggressive with him - we are trying to teach them both that it's not the best way to deal with conflict.
- He loves the sandbox and the little pool/slide combo
- His hair is getting much longer!
- He is running everywhere and can climb stairs pretty well. If you hold both hands, he even takes them one step at a time.