Brave Adventure

Brave Adventure

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A Time of Blessing

This weekend Cal and I had the wonderful privilege of being part of our first wedding event (that will start a trend of weekends to come), but more importantly an event that directed us closer to God.
Sandra Shoemaker, one of my favorite people in the world, through us a Prayer Dinner. What a wonderful way to encourage couples as they begin a marriage together! We got to eat dessert (yummmm), hang out with people I love and see often as well as people I don't see nearly enough (I was so blessed to see Shareen, it's been ages since I have gotten to see her) and then came the best part. These people, full of God's wisdom, gave us a blessing and a piece of advice for our marriage. There were definitely some tears shed and some tender moments shared. I loved every moment. All of those words were so special to us. Then at the end, a prayer was said over us. These people came, on purpose, with great intent, to help us center our marriage on the Lord because they know, from experience, that is the only way we can succeed. Our marriage is first and foremost about God and all He has done. He is the one who makes "two become one flesh", that is not a human possibility, He is the one we are reflecting in our marriage. He has allowed us to be tangible evidence for love He has to offer. What a privilege! In this way, all these people were reminding Cal and I that, although it will be difficult, there is such blessing in a marriage devoted to Christ. We are so privileged to have people that delight in the Lord and want to push us toward this end.

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet recap of your special evening. Todd and I felt blessed to be a part of it. I'm so glad I finally found your blog!

    ReplyDelete