Brave Adventure

Brave Adventure

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving

Today I am thankful for many things.

This last week I was so privileged to be with my sister, Lindsey, her husband, Drew, and their new little girl, Stella. I loved them- every moment. I really miss them, but I am so thankful that I was able to get them, see my niece, and help Lindsey even if it was only for a short time. I am also very thankful that Lindsey and Stella (shortly followed by Drew) will be coming in 2 weeks, so it won't be quite as long between visits this time! (You might pray for her as she is driving her 1 month old from Louisville, KY to Fort Worth, TX- at least 13.5hrs depending on who's driving.)

I am thankful that on either side of my trip to Kentucky, I was able to see my fiance and his lovely family. (my soon to be family!) We had a great time sorting through a lot of stuff we'd received from showers and deciding where to put things in our apartment- how fun to say is that? It's very fun for me and Cal. We had a good dinner last night and a great breakfast this morning. I am so blessed that I got to see him when I originally didn't expect to.

I am thankful for all the safe driving, despite the one small parking stint on the side of the road for my gimpy stomach to release its contents.

I am thankful for being able to come home from my long trip and be loved on by my family. They had lots of food prepared for our big fun family dinner and it was completely delicious. It was so great to get to talk to so many people and my cousins even came over later to see me! (and others I'm sure) We had a great time and we even looked at baby pictures. They're out because we are working on the wedding slideshow, so everyone had fun looking at embarassing photos of me. I will refrain from posting any of said pictures, but if you're friends with my dad on facebook there are some available in his "mobile uploads" section.

I am thankful for every one of the 23 days left until our wedding that we will get to enjoy with friends and family.

I am thankful for a sweet and considerate fiance that is daily a piece of sanity and calm nature in my crazy brain. He is such a Godly man, always pointing me in the right direction. I also am thankful for/love his consistency. I can be a very very loyal person, so his consistency and his devotion really does mean the world to me. (love you, nuke!)

I am also thankful for so many friends that have really impacted my life by allowing me to be a part of theirs this year. Thank y'all.

Signing off, this a big day of thanks and I hope that I have more than one of these days a year.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving! I can't wait to meet Stella soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not crazy enough to drive to Texas with a nursing infant... it would take a million hours with all the stops along the way... I am flying! whoop! 21/2 hours is way better! All the sooner to see you!

    ReplyDelete