Brave Adventure

Brave Adventure

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Spring Break Is A Joke

So while I am fully enjoying the fact I did not have to make a 7 hour drive both directions to Texas for school this week, I do not feel as though I have had a "break" at all. Welcome to being a grown up I guess. I work everyday until 4pm and then I come and work on all the homework that I have due in the next week or two because there is no way I could wait and get it all done next week. Lovely! Argh.

The one thing I am very much looking forward to is time at the end of the week with MY BEST FRIEND and I am so thrilled. We are having an all girls day on Saturday and we are going to tear up the town (Fort Worth)! She just found out she is pregnant so this, now, is even more so a celebration! Her little boy will be with family, so this is going to be the best day of our lives (haha, probably not really, but it's fun to say).

In other news, this Sunday was one of the best days of my week thus far. Our Sunday School had a cook out party and played flag football. There were kids, a huge dog running around, and the sun was shining brightly for the first time in a while. I loved every moment of it! I even helped calm a crying baby- most of the girls didn't want to hold her while she was crying, but I felt like a pro after helping Lindsey with Stella. Then Cal and I went to play Ultimate Frisbee- I did little (slash zero) actual playing, but I did throw the disc around with Cal while his team was rotating off the field. I also made a new friend with Jenny and two dogs. Lovely day!

Love to all- hope you comment!

2 comments:

  1. I agree that spring break is a joke when you're all "grown up". I got so excited Sam was going to be off this week then I found out that instead of school he was going to work the whole week! ugh! And I cannot imagine the fact that you have to drive SEVEN hours both ways!!! I HATE driving...and you do it every week! WOW!!! You are a better woman than I am, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that SJ inspired the birth of yet another baby... our OB got pregnant right after she was born too b/c she was just too cute!

    ReplyDelete