Brave Adventure

Brave Adventure

Friday, July 9, 2010

Are we ever perfect?

I just read this post by someone I've never met and really got this link off another blog I follow, but it truly hit me.  It's all about how God calls us to follow His will and His direction not after we've cleaned ourselves up to what we think is good enough for God, but immediately when He calls us!


James 1:27 (English Standard Version)

Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.

I don't know where you stand on the issue of adoption, but I believe in it whole heartedly. I believe that God wants me to adopt even if I am able to have my own children. I believe that He wants me to care for those who cannot care for themselves. This woman is a single woman, not your normal candidate for fostering or adopting children, but she saw God's call to take care of the orphan. Even though she, as I am not perfect, is not perfect, she saw that the love and care she could give these children is often times riches compared to what they would receive. I cannot wait until it is my turn to step into these shoes and begin the process of adopting a child of my own. 

1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT!!! I think too often we focus on not being good enough or not being ready. But it's not about what we think is ideal, is it? I love how the woman made it really simple: she is giving those three kids better than what they had. Isn't that the point? Bettering others' lives in any way we can?

    Anyway, you're awesome. That is all.

    ReplyDelete