Brave Adventure

Brave Adventure

Friday, July 2, 2010

Car Trouble in Paradise

On Cal and I's last visit to Houston, TX (Camp Tallowood!!) we purchased a 2004 Jetta 1.8T and Cal was thrilled. It has a manual transmission which makes him immensely happy. Well we parked it in the Tallowood parking lot while we had an amazing time at camp and then drove it to Fort Worth to hang out with the 'rents, Lindsey, Stella, Michelle, Geoff (his family) and going to Erin formerly Hughens wedding! (I didn't get a picture with any of my lovely sisters, so this one will have to spark your imagination - isn't she cute!)

So the car was doing amazingly well and we enjoyed driving it. Then, we headed back to Mississippi to get back to normal life. We have been helping out with our church's college community group and headed that way when the Jetta.... died. We have now been to 3 different places and have yet to get it fixed, but it may get expensive. Goodness gracious! Oh well, the most recent guy thinks that it is not going to be as bad as we originally thought, so here's to hoping. In other news, have my Greek and Hebrew textbooks to keep me company during the day and have been studying all week. Greek is coming easily to me because it is so so similar to Russian (my college minor), but Hebrew is another thing all together. I'll have to study a lot harder for this one. I have decided, also, that I forgot one thing in my last camp post.... FIREWORKS! AND since it's about to be 4th of July, I figured it was appropriate. Enjoy!

video

1 comment:

  1. So sorry about your car. I know y'all were both disappointed. I can certainly identify with car troubles...all three of our cars are over ten years old. My van has 278,000 miles on it and is just now starting to act it's age. :) I think a new (to us) car is in our future.

    I enjoyed seeing you and Cal briefly the other night. I was secretly wishing Stella would cry so I could go hold her, but not a peep the whole time I was babysitting her!

    Praying the car repair is cheap and easy....

    ReplyDelete