Brave Adventure

Brave Adventure

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Kate

Read this to have your world rocked

So the more I look into adoption, foster car and waiting children the more I am burdened for orphan care. How could we ignore such a big problem! If 1 in every 17 Christians would adopt, the problem would be solved. In Mississippi, there are more churches in the state than children that need to be adopted (just a smidgen below 900 children). If 1 in every 2 churches adopted a child we would solve it. Oh my goodness. How has the burden for those who cannot care for themselves fallen away from the church so extremely.


James 1:27 folks, it's time to step up.

Could you take Kate home (above link)? Could you be part of the people to break the cycle?

2 comments:

  1. Claire, when I read the link I just started bawling! I almost wanted to say I'll be her mommy! I cannot even imagine. My heart is ALWAYS broken for children who have no parents. Sam and I have always felt like we were meant to adopt as well. We are waiting to see when the time it right...and I CANNOT wait to love another little child when that time DOES come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Claire! Thanks for following our journey...can't wait to follow yours too! Love how God is moving your heart towards orphans and possibly adoption! Looks like ya'll are in MS too! We have an awesome adoption fellowship group...actually meeting this week! Lots of couples in it that are still just praying about adoption! Would love for ya'll to join us! Email me if you're interested! lovinmuch at yahoo dot com. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete