Brave Adventure

Brave Adventure

Thursday, August 18, 2011

8 weeks 6 days

Today is 8 weeks 6 days which means that tomorrow is 9 weeks! So here are some updates from baby land:
No Baby Bump Yet

Well here are some updates for you who wonder what happened and what I'm feeling like!
Currently, the baby is slightly larger than a Raspberry (tomorrow little he or she will become a different fruit so that's why I say larger than a Raspberry - however, I am disciplining myself not to look ahead, not even one day).

Here is what baby websites have to say about the baby's development: Your little berry is looking a lot less reptilian (even though she has webbed fingers and toes, her tail is just about gone) and a lot more baby-like these days, as her lips, nose, eyelids, legs, and back continue to take shape. Her heart is beating at the incredible rate of 150 times per minute — about twice as fast as yours! And even though you can't yet feel it, she's now making spontaneous movements as she twitches her tiny trunk and limb buds.

Here is what I am feeling: Lots and lots of morning sickness. Week 7 turned a corner from just plain nausea  to actual throwing up. It started out as a literal morning sickness, then quickly transitioned to all day sickness. By that Tuesday I was not keeping down even liquids.... gross. My guest room toilet has never seen so much love (or hate? it's closest to the couch). My doctor has since put me on a regimen of a quarter pill of B6 and a half pill of Unisom several times a day that has seemed to curb it.  I have still thrown up a few times and feel nauseated a good deal of the time, but hopefully twelve weeks (September 18th) will be a moment of relief.

I have no cravings as of yet, only just hungry all the time. As in if I see it, I crave it. So I'm watching TV, they are eating bagels, and now I want a bagel. Once the bagel disappears I am back to whatever is closest. Popcorn is a fail safe regardless of how nauseated I am - lots of butter. I feel bloated already, my jeans that were maybe a tad bit too small now will not button. Glorious feeling right there. Cal has been great to remind me that I am not fat which is great. He has also been cooking and cleaning a lot more as smells have been rather devastatingly disgusting lately. Also, my taste buds have changed. Things don't taste the same any more. I don't like milk or sunny d at the present who knows what else is to come. I felt full one time yesterday for the first time in weeks! It has now passed and I am once again cramming food into my body once again. Enjoy! I've tried to eat healthy but it's not as easy as it sounds. I got some preggie pops from a good friend and they seem to work too. I look forward to (and slightly dread) further changes.

7 comments:

  1. Yay! Fun to track Baby Mummert's progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Hope your sickness is over soon. I bet your 2nd trimester will be great. As you already know, it will be all worth it in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't won't sunny d?? I never expected those words out of your mouth! So excited for you and Cal! What an awesome adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited for you....not the throwing up part. BUT keep thinking about the end result! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never thought I would say the words about sunny d either! Scary times.

    But I am taking heart that all will work out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah! So this is why you were sick! I'm so glad...well, not that you were sick of course! Ah! So excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete