Brave Adventure

Brave Adventure

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The Mission of Mercy

I have been so blessed this week to have the week off. I planned to do a lot of homework, but truthfully our apartment has been THE most ridiculous mess since I have been overwhelmed so much recently. Cal does so much to cook and work and take care of me, so I spent yesterday just cleaning all day. Our living room could still use some work but at least our bedroom, bathroom and kitchen have gone back to sanctuary status. Well, I am currently taking a break from all that I'm doing today to eat lunch and check out blogs.

I was at the Ordinary Hero blog and reading about how some beautiful children were able to come home to their families from Ethiopia recently and see the smiles on their faces. How blessed we are to just have families! How blessed we are to know that we will not go hungry, to drink clean water, to have people who love us. One of the coolest things was that I got to see a video of this group visiting Ethiopia. It was beautiful. I encourage you to watch it - towards the end they get the amazing privilege of telling a little boy that he has been chosen to be a part of a family.


You know each one of us has already been chosen. God chose to make us, to make us in His image, and to love us. If you are a believer, you have been further given the gift of salvation through faith in Christ Jesus! If you do not know Him, He desires to know you. God is the ultimate Father! God loves these children even before they have permanent families. We want to spread His love so that they might all be children of God and we continue in fervent prayer that they would receive a permanent family as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment