Brave Adventure

Brave Adventure

Friday, February 17, 2012

35 Weeks

Well it's here, the week I've been waiting for a long time. Today marks 35 weeks for our baby girl! I have a pregnancy journal that I have not kept up with but one thing it does is every week it asks how you're feeling physically and emotionally. So here it is:



Physically any way I feel like a watermelon! Gracious my body is so sore. I've been told that since I have had so much trouble with weight gain that it has made the weight of the baby harder for my body to carry so it's angry. I have also been told that since my "condition" makes RB unable to move at a much earlier date than a normal baby, she is wiggling around and attempting to move with no luck possibly creating a bruise from the inside out. She is literally bruising my ribs/uterus. I'm not asking for pity, I have no job so I can spend as much time laying on the couch as needed, but I'm just telling you how it is.

Emotionally I am feeling good and ready. I know it's selfish that I want her to come on out because it is so much better for her health to stay on the inside as much as possible, but I just cannot help it. I really want to meet her! My mom is convinced she looks like Cal (ultrasound photos), but I want to see her face and see which traits she gets from who. I want to change her nasty diapers, be utterly sleep deprived (like that's a new symptom anyway, amen?), and then completely rewarded by the fact that God has given us this beautiful baby. I want to be able to call her beautiful (I feel like you can't really do that when you can't see her - it's different anyway). I want to read to her, I want to soothe her, I want to watch as she prefers me and her daddy to anyone else. I'm ready to meet this little girl! I'm also feeling amazing about my marriage these days and I know that Cal and I will only grow stronger with the addition. God has really prepared us. I know it will be so hard, harder than I can imagine, but I welcome the change.

We have been told from the beginning that she will most likely be born between 35 and 36 weeks, any week extra is just a special gift from God. So now we wait. There are no more milestones in her growth (although there are in her room haha), I have read as much as anyone, and now I want to meet RB.

No comments:

Post a Comment