Brave Adventure

Brave Adventure

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Kidney.

Well, many of you may not know it, but Baby Girl is not perfect. She's not born yet and she already has a complication. She has one kidney that is dilated. Well they both have slight problem, but her right kidney is the major problem. It is not only dilated at the ureter (the tube from kidney to bladder), but also within the kidney.

We really can't know exactly what's going on in her kidney or how severe it is until she's born so there will be a lot more to be done postpartum and for now it's a lot of waiting. We'll be induced at 39 weeks (barely early) if she hasn't come yet so they can get working, but other than that the only effect it has for now is more sonograms.

I bet some women would be jealous of how many sonograms I've had, haha. Between my problematic condition and Rebekah's kidney, I have had enough sonograms for many women's pregnancies put together. I have had many women tell me it's so lucky, but it doesn't feel lucky. It feels scary, it feels like any week there is a sonogram that could change everything... again. It feels like bad news looming on the horizon. It's not that I really think that she's in any real danger, I know I am so so lucky that she is healthy and that her problems are not that bad. I know that God has such big plans for us and for Rebekah. I know that we are so so blessed by her life. However, I would exchange all these sonograms for one normal and completely healthy pregnancy. It's a lot like being a skinny pregnant woman. A lot of people think it's so great, but I would gladly have gained 20 more pounds to skip the throwing up. I have been so lucky, but I would gladly trade so much of it for a little taste of normal.

In the mean time, we pray daily and we know that God has it all in control. We are hopeful, we worry as little as possible, and we firmly believe that Rebekah will grow up to be a beautiful woman of God.

2 comments:

  1. I'm praying for her, and others here are also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire! I am praying for sweet Rebekah and her kidney! Please keep me posted friend on how both you and her are doing! ;)

    ReplyDelete