Brave Adventure

Brave Adventure

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Sunday Social

I was a little bored this morning because the Babe has kept me up most of the night and now that she's sleeping I can't sleep. So though I do not usually blog on Sundays, here it goes.

Sunday Social

1. 5 items you can't live without on a daily basis(water, food, shelter, and clothes dont count)

My laptop (school, friends, skype with family), my pump (breastfeeding y'all), the Bumbo seat (life with a 6 month old who wants to be with you all the time), my cell phone (connection to the outside world haha), and my Brita filter... it's a weird list, but just go with it.
 
2. All time favorite book? Why?

This is so hard for someone who is a book junkie like me. I love to read everything! So, if we based it solely on the books I have read the most times it would be either Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter. Lord of the Rings is such an incredible book. If you ever get the chance to get into the mind of Tolkien, you will be astounded. He had full languages and genealogies written for every character ever even mentioned in the books. I started reading them in 9th grade, maybe 8th grade and I have read them more than 10 times to my shame (I wish I had read them more). Every time I finish the books again it is liking waking from an incredible dream. Harry Potter is a bit lighter reading, but I always love an imaginative world where the boundaries between good and evil are clear and the characters sacrificially love each other.

3. Something you'd like to accomplish before the end of 2012

To lose that little mom pooch I have developed from growing a baby inside me for 9 months and to achieve the perfect liquid line (okay, not the second one but if you know where that quote is from, I'll be your best-friend)

4. If you could go back and relive any year of your life which year would it be?

If I was reliving in a good way, like re-experiencing all the wonderful times it would be my Junior year of High School or my Junior year of college. Something really fantastic about both of those years, lots of good memories. This is not to say that other years have not been great, but these two years were unnaturally lacking in problems... something about the word "Junior" I think, just kidding. If it was to go back and fix something then it would be either my Sophomore year of college or Senior year of college. I didn't do anything crazy, but there is one significant change I would make to just rid the year of some unnecessary drama. On the other hand, surviving that probably made me a better person and I would not want to get in the way of God's plans.

5. What do you wish people knew about you without you having to tell them? 

Tough girls need to be able to be vulnerable too. Just because I'm sarcastic and a little rough around the edges does not mean I don't need girl time, a good cry every now and then, a chick flick in my Blockbuster queue, or some sisterly advice.

3 comments:

  1. I'm the same way as you described yourself in number 5. People who I'm just getting to know get a little freaked out when they realize I'm a softy at heart.. Oh well. I just found your blog through Sunday Social and I thought I'd stop by to say hi!!
    I hope you have a good day!!


    http://heatherfrostx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love reading your blog, just fyi. :) Love you! We should try and catch up this week before I leave for Mayo on Thursday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i def would love to perfect my eyeliner ha! stopping by from ss! cant wait to read more about your blog!

    ReplyDelete