Happy 8 Months, Rebekah Blakely!
Fun facts for month eight:
Weight: Over 13 pounds!
Height: 25-26 inches (this girl will not sit still!)
Eating: Every three to four hours during the day nursing and 3 meals a day with solids
Sleeping: Mainly 2 naps, and sometimes one rest where she won't sleep, but she needs to unplug for a little bit
Diaper: Size 2
Clothing: A little bit 3-6 month and 6 month
What's new for month eight:
- She loves to sit and dive for toys! She is getting really good at reaching out for things and then getting back up without falling over. That being said, she loves things that are just out of reach and will launch herself (and I mean launch) into tummy time in order to get it.
- We have a tooth! She has one tooth that has come through on the bottom and a little corner of tooth out on the top. Who knows when that top tooth will come through though because it started way before the bottom one and still hasn't made any more progress.
- She definitely knows that I am Mama! She is babbling Dada but I think we are getting closer to knowing what that means.
- She is experimenting with TONS of consonants. She is so talkative these days.
- She can pick up finger foods including puffs, sweet potatoes (that's a mess), and broccoli.
- She prefers chunky food to soupy food.
- She loves to really examine everything. She will pick it up in one hand and turn it all around trying to really see all sides of it.
- She is trying so hard to crawl, but can definitely pivot in a 360. She hates tummy time so she will pivot around to wherever I am and try to get me to pick her up.
- She already does what is called the "parachute reaction" when you put her down on her tummy.
- She wants to pull up and stand really badly also but I am hoping she will crawl first since this is important to development.
- She loves music and singing. I have made up songs including every family member and we sing them while looking at their picture.
- She loves to watch me eat....she laughs the whole time.
- She is laughing a lot!
- She hates tummy time these days. She is just so frustrated that she can't crawl! The closest thing we have to crawling is the launching.
- She loves reading, reading, reading.
- She wants to be outside all day long! In any form I can provide it!
- Favorite foods: Sweet Potatoes (all day long), prunes, bananas (off the table thanks to constipation), pears, and any pouch mix.
- You may have heard, but her kidney check up did not go well. Her left kidney has no change and her right kidney has gotten worse. We have scheduled a new test for her and are praying that God will reveal what's next.