Brave Adventure

Brave Adventure

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Today

Today I am so overwhelmed by emotions and by people and by thoughts and by prayers. Today I am sitting in my living room, cuddled in a quilt my Papa helped make and my Nana gave me as I cry reading over so many of your wonderful promises to pray for my little girl and our family. Today I make myself get out of bed and get dressed, knowing that this afternoon will be a tough one. Today I put on my mommy jeans and my mommy arms and my mommy smile for a little girl who doesn't understand what all is going on. Today I am a little bit nervous. Today I am confidant in our heavenly Father. Today I trust in what I cannot see, today I hope in what I do not understand. Today above all else I pray. Today I am thankful for the body of Christ, for community. Today I am thankful for husbands. Today I know that God has made me for a time such as this, for this little girl, for this moment. Today I know that I can handle this because it is what I need to do. Today I listen to the silence of her sleeping and hope that the events of the afternoon are such that she will never remember. Today I will give in, I will indulge and I will spoil this little girl to my heart's content. Today I will make time for fun. Today I will tickle my daughter. Today I will not dwell in this temporary pain. Today God is faithful and can handle all that is in and on my mind. Amen.

1 comment: