Brave Adventure

Brave Adventure

Monday, January 14, 2013

Monday Musings



Monday Musings! They're back! It's official, we are no longer on vacation. I wish, but that's okay. I have started meal planning again and have a huge grocery run to do on Wednesday. The husb got an ipad mini from his work and while I still believe it's just a glorified toy, we have found a great budget app. I mean I had heard of the online service before, Mint, but it really is a great app. It has been helping me get our new year budget ready. This makes me feel really hopeful. We were able to have some honest conversations on New Year's Eve about how I am feeling overwhelmed, so this is one way that he is helping. The husb is great.

Baby girl is growing up really fast. I can barely handle it. Some days I feel like I can't wait until she is more independent, eats on her own, can talk to me, etc. Then sometimes I just look at her and think "too fast, toooooo fast". I am going out of town this weekend for one night.... without her. She will be with her daddy for about 24 hours. My first night away! I might cry. I mean I doubt that I will cry, but I will probably be sad. Okay I will definitely be sad. I will also be conflicted.

Russia is still closed to adoption in the US. Closed. It's like this awful blinking sign in the back of my mind. Closed. Like an amazing coffee shop that everyone has told you to visit that is closed for construction. I say closed for construction rather than shut down because I am still hoping that Russia will open back up. In the mean time, we have been spending time in prayer about where we might adopt from if Russia continues to be closed. Maybe India. Maybe domestic. I have no idea. It feels sort of like I felt when I moved to Mississippi (stick with me). When I moved to Mississippi, it was the first time I felt like I did not know exactly what I was doing or where I was going. I didn't have friends yet and I didn't know where I fit. It didn't stay like that, but it was disorienting at the beginning. God showed me that He had a plan for it. I have to assume God has a plan for this too, but for now I feel like I don't know where to go with this information.

God is at work people!

No comments:

Post a Comment