Brave Adventure

Brave Adventure

Monday, February 4, 2013

Monday Musings

I'm obviously not really asleep here, but this is how I felt by the end of day.

Today was a weird day. I think I have said before that there is just something rough about Mondays. It's like my little girl already knows that the weekend is over and is also dreading the week. I think it's the lack of Daddy-time that makes her sad.

It was a craaazy busy weekend. I had a cake pick-up Friday afternoon for a Masquerade party (pictures to come) which was my first attempt at scrollwork. RB really loved watching me do it which was cute. We had a work thing on Friday night which was this incredible dinner (fancy clothes!). RB had a babysitter who was awesome. Some people did not expect him to be our sitter, but he was great! He'd even bought a sound machine app and another baby game (they touch the scream and it is colorful with fun sounds) app. Prepared? Yes. There is nothing sweeter to a mommy than someone who takes great, thoughtful care of her baby.
Then Saturday was class day for me 8-4pm, so it was a daddy-daughter day for the husb and RB. Great for them, sad for me. RB didn't nap well for her daddy, so she conked out but so did we. We also had to go to the grocery store in there somewhere... I held RB the whole time just for some love time. Sunday is always busy, but after church we had Middle School Bowl until 3:30 (RB missed a nap here) then I ran 9 miles then we went to a Super Bowl Party where RB decided that her bed away from home was not worth sleeping in, so she was late getting to bed. Needless to say, I was expecting her to be tired today.

She slept until 9am, woke up for 2.5hrs, slept for a couple hours, woke up for 2 hours, slept for 2.5hrs, woke up and then went to bed at 7:30pm. Looots of sleep today. She was also fussy and then... ran a fever. Argh! It broke just before bed, thank goodness. I think she is just teething but she was so hot that her little cheeks were pink! I thought maybe she'd gotten sunburned yesterday despite all my efforts, but I got her cooled down and the pink went away. I am praying that the Tylenol will give her a boost in breaking the fever and that it will not be back tomorrow.

She is sooo mobile. I cannot get her to sit still unless we read. No toys satisfy her for long. She spends most of her days exploring the house.

RB has been helping me get her dressed for a while but about a month ago, she figured out how to take her shirt off her head. So when I try to redress her, guess what happens...

I have gotten 2 more orders for Claire's Confections and I am so so excited!

The husb and I have planned at least 1 date per month for the whole year and I am so excited about it! Most of them are cheap and fun, right up my alley.

I found a thing on pinterest with "punny" sayings to put on candy and give to your significant other for the first 14 days leading to Valentine's Day. It has been really fun watching Cal open up his candy every morning even if it's just a little piece of happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment