Brave Adventure

Brave Adventure

Thursday, February 28, 2013

The Cowtown Half Marathon





Last Sunday morning I ran my first half marathon - The Cowtown Half Marathon. I trained for months and it was insane! At times it was so much fun and at times it was so very hard. I loved all the signs that people posted and held up along the way.
There were signs saying, "Should have pooped when you could have!" and "We love you with or without your toenails!" There were way more that were hilarious, but I can't remember them all sadly. There were so many amazing people and bands cheering us on, giving us water, and helping out. It was so amazing to be a part of this.
I am so thankful that my toenails didn't fall off, although my big toes hurt which is weird. I loved all the music/bands too. It was so motivating! I would say that the first 8 miles are fun, up to 10 miles was good, mile 11 was hard, and the last 2 miles were... rough. I sprinted the final .1 mile at the end. I was so excited that I managed to run the entire time, that was the goal! (I have tried to run the half marathon before, but did not train well enough the first time so C and I ended up walking part of it.) After it was over I ate a bagel and went kaput on the floor of the convention center haha. The husb gingerly helped me up (after a woman checked to make sure I hadn't passed out or was sick - there were no chairs or any places to sit down though, so I just used the floor to lay down!), fed me some chocolate ice cream, and took me home.

I am now in recovery. I walked 3 miles Monday, several miles on Wednesday and have done a lot of stretching. I have even been practicing karate in my living room.Today I woke up and.... no soreness! Whoop! I am excited about the possibility of another Half in October and the Cowtown again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment