Brave Adventure

Brave Adventure

Friday, March 15, 2013

Questions on Ephesians

Well it has been another week where I did not "muse" on Monday, but it's Spring Break so you will just have to forgive me. I have also been busy party planning for a certain little girl of whom I am quite fond.

I am currently reading through Paul's letters in the Bible one at a time and am in Ephesians. I honestly want to know some of your thoughts on a couple of things. I would like to hear from the Body of Christ about how they interpret and apply some of these principles.

First, Honor your Father and Mother. Now that is also in Exodus (10 Commandments), but it's found in Ephesians 6 as well. I have talked in Seminary classes before about how, once married, you are not longer responsible to obedience with your parents (leave and cleave). However, you should still honor them. As an adult, what does that look like? What does that exactly mean? I definitely want to honor my parents, but I would like to hear some ideas. I have heard that it is synonymous with "respect", but I am not sure I agree.

Second, Wives Submit to Your Husbands. Now there is also a section on the husband's responsibility here, but I am a woman so let's just deal with what is especially applicable. What does that look like to you? How do you submit, in what do you submit? I know it says to submit in everything, but what does that really look like? I have seen women who I thought did not submit at all and then the other extreme where they lost themselves in their submission, becoming mere automatons. I would like some feedback on how this can work in a healthy relationship. The husb and I are working on this for sure, but I want to hear what it looks like in your relationships as well.

I want to hear how God is working in you!

No comments:

Post a Comment