Brave Adventure

Brave Adventure

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

How I Am Feeling






Do I look fine? I am. A lot of people have been asking me how I am feeling in week two of the fast, of 7. I want you to know that week 1 was so hard. Every meal was intentional, every bite was thoughtful. I told myself, "you're just on a mission trip for a month" many times. On a mission trip, you don't eat for pleasure (much). You eat for sustenance, you eat what you're given without complaint. So every time I tried a new recipe that I was pretty sure would taste like butt, I told myself that I was on a mission trip.

But good news, my recipes didn't taste bad. They weren't bad at all. Some were delicious. One was bad. One was really really bad. But all the others were great. The husband has supplemented his evening meals with spices and some extra vegetables, but for the most part has also eaten 7 without complaint. I eat one of two things for breakfast every day and about the same thing for lunch every day. Not too bad. I like the foods, I don't really mind. I'm not sure how I will creatively do dinner this week, but I am now confidant that I will think of something. So... I feel fine. I am doing well. It's not that bad.

I am confidant that by day 30 I will again want absolutely nothing to do with avocado or chicken for a while, but honestly I am happy with a lot of my discoveries. I would like to continue to eat healthy food as I have been. I want to cook more meals like I have been. I want to be intentional about what I eat like I have been. Telling myself I'm always on a mission trip has showed me something... I am always on a mission trip. I should live my life on mission. Why don't I always think these things?

At the end of the food chapter, Jen talks about how Jesus started His ministry with a fast from food to focus Him. So I am asking God to focus me and to prepare me for ministry in these next months. I am asking for Him to do a work in me through the next 6 months of fasting and beyond. I am thankful hat food is first because their is no semi, back tracking, cheating sort of thing to be done. I'm all in. So God, I'm all in. Do your thing.

1 comment:

  1. I think I would have to pick something other than avocado for one of my foods. I kind of like guacamole, but other than that have no real taste for avocado. :) Good job!!

    ReplyDelete