Brave Adventure

Brave Adventure

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Sometimes

Sometimes I hate some things about myself - not qualities or attributes, not that.






I hate that I cannot get the same conviction in my day-to-day that I often think I would living overseas. Why is it that I don't feel as connected with God or committed to what He's called me to or whatever when I'm in Texas? What's so different? Truthfully, I get it. I know why. But it shouldn't be that way. This should be as much my mission field as any other place. My neighbors need Jesus just as badly as anyone. Just because they can afford food for their family does not diminish their need for  a Savior. It's just different. It's a different mission field with different people and different needs. I'm just often too complacent to engage the people I see often because there always seems to be more time. When you're on a mission trip, the time is short, the chance is now, and you feel a sense of urgency. You have prayed and planned for these people. Why can't we do that here?

No comments:

Post a Comment