Happy 17 Months!
Fun facts for month seventeen:
Weight: more than 20lbs!
Height: 28 inchesEating: 3 meals a day and 1-2 snacks
Sleeping: 2 Naps during the day
Diaper: Size 4 diapers
Clothing: 6-12 month and some 12-18 month clothes (even the 12 months are starting to get a little tight)
What's new for month seventeen:
- She says "please" (or "peas" really), "papa", "book", "wa" (water), "dink" (drink), "up", "tankoo" (thank you), "boot", "schock" (sock), "picter" (picture), "pets-el" (pretzel) and will try to say just about any word! (I'm also fairly sure I'm forgetting some words here - her vocabulary has just exploded!)
- She goes "moooo" for the cow, "rough" for the dog, and has a sound for elephants and zebras too.
- She has discovered her belly button and thinks it's hilarious! (She also likes my belly button)
- She thinks that rabbits are dogs and says "rough" every time she sees them in Goodnight Moon
- She is saying please any time she wants something and it is really helping to diffuse some times where she used to have tantrums!
- She loves her family and really enjoyed playing with her cousin for a week. RB would just follow her around everywhere.
- Reading, reading, reading!
- She loooooooves to play with any size ball
- She likes to be tickled, but only if you say "tickle, tickle, tickle" while you do it
- She loves to point at things and attempt their names
- She sometimes calls me "ommy" instead of "mommy"
- She is in everything. Everything.
- She gives herself a hand spankin if she does something she knows that she shouldn't do.
- She loves to bring you a book to read or a toy to play with
- She is getting much better at handling dogs, especially if they are not too excited.
- She is getting to be a cuddle bug - she has to cuddle after she wakes up from every nap or she gets too upset to play.
- She is doing great with a spoon and fork. She is still working on scooping and spearing things herself, but she can eat about half a thing of yogurt on her own before getting frustrated.
- She loves to stomp one foot to music, it's hilarious!
- She loves other children
- She is a fairly serious baby with other people
- She can have pigtails now!
|Aren't those pigtails the cutest??|