Happy 18 Months!
Fun facts for month eighteen:
Weight: more than 23lbs!
Height: 30 inches (2 inches of growth!)Eating: 3 meals a day and 1-2 snacks
Sleeping: 2 Naps during the day (although sometimes it is 1 rest and 1 nap)
Diaper: Size 4 diapers
Clothing: 12 month and some 12-18 month clothes
What's new for month eighteen:
- She says "watch", "blankie", "doe" (door), "pants" (plants), bye bye (it used to just be "ba ba", but now it's the full word), "walk", "why" (water), "heego" (here you go), "lo!" (hello), and much more
- She is in what I have termed the home depot stage - "I can do it, you can help....maybe"
- She wants to go on a walk maybe 20 times a day
- She loves to draw or do any kind of art
- She holds up her hands for you to wipe them, she does not like having stuff on her hands
- She says "ta da!" when she has done something she considers impressive. Like she stacks all the cups together correctly, then says, "ta da!"
- She has randomly decided to sign "more" when she says it out loud.
- She is running pretty well, although the poor girl had some sinus issues for a while and I think it must have backed up into her ears because her balance was all messed up for a few days.
- She is enjoying outside again, exploring running in the grass
- She can not only point accurately to your nose, but also your eye and mouth - ear is on its way too
- She loves playing with my hair
- She can find your belly button and if you ask her where her belly button is, she will proudly lift up her shirt to show you haha
- She likes to pretend bake with me and taste our food (she says, "yum yum yum and pretends to eat off the spoon"
- She loves to hit tupperware like its a drum and has even gotten to use my old beginner sticks to play my snare drum (it was a big hit with her!)
- She will attempt words in other languages
- She likes to drum on upside down tupperware
- She goes "moooo" for the cow, "rough" for the dog, and has a sound for elephants and zebras too.
- Reading, reading, reading!
- She loooooooves to play with any size ball
- She loves to bring you a book to read or a toy to play with
- She is getting much better at handling dogs, especially if they are not too excited.
- She can feed herself almost a whole thing of yogurt with very little spilling and can spear eggs with some accuracy
- We have started a new phase of tantrums and wanting to do things herself