Brave Adventure

Brave Adventure

Saturday, January 11, 2014

How I'm Doing



A lot of people want to know how I'm doing lately. Well most days I'm doing pretty well, holding it together, learning the routine, getting about half as much sleep as I need, and am laughing a lot from sleep deprivation in the evening. This morning, though, I'm doing a little... less good? This is my face (pictured above) after being awake since 2:45am. This child is just determined not to sleep tonight. I'm not at all sure why since from day one he has been such a good night sleeper. I am counting down until 7:30am when the husband and I will switch off who is sleeping again. 30 more minutes to go. I have been watching Lost to help keep myself awake. The babe will sleep for small increments of time before needing to be rocked or repositioned or soothed in some way. My left arm hurts - thank you, bouncy seat. So it's pointless for me to try and sleep. It's been taking me a long time to get to sleep these days which is ridiculous since I'm so tired, haha.

What I do want you to know is that even in this, I'm going to be okay. This is just a season. I am relying on God, my prayer life has greatly increased and I am doing a devotional on rest/fresh starts. It's really refreshing. So, I am exhausted. I am overwhelmed. I am in need of a break that won't truly come for several months. I often feel like, when RB won't nap, that the end is near. But I take a deep breath (sometimes I hide in my bathroom), say another prayer, beg the Lord for strength, and keep going. That's what God has called me to do in this moment and He will get me through it.

Well, two more minutes my friends. 

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there - you're doing great! And it does get easier, especially once you hit some sort of routine/schedule and at least sort of know what to expect from each day. :) Praying for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your honesty and your faith. Enjoy these little moments (as I know you are) and think, when they're headed off to college you'll be aching for these pains once again. So proud of you friend!

    ReplyDelete