Brave Adventure

Brave Adventure

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Poop!

We have reached the end of week 1 in our potty training world, and I am proud to say....

SHE POOPED!

As in, she pooped in the toilet. She received much praise, and, more importantly, a bunch of chocolate chips. We had another naked day, but with less fuss in general. It was so much better? Aren't most things better when we put less pressure on the situation? 

She had more pee accidents than before, but I really think it's a win. If she's not hydrated enough that she can hold it until the diaper goes on at nap time, then she will never learn to use the toilet. Accidents are necessary. She peed once outside and I was just like, "it's okay - people do this outside all the time, it's the best place for an accident". She does not like to have accidents if she is standing up because she doesn't like having it on her body which is also a good thing. That means that she will eventually learn how to do this. My little girl does not like to be dirty. (She asks to wipe her hands many times throughout each meal, and she likes to play in the dirt but needs to immediately wash off afterwards.) She did not get her anti-dirty feelings from me. It must have been passed on from a relative because Cal and I both enjoy being in the mud a bit and I won't tell you about my shower life when I was in middle school, but it would prove my point. But I digress. 

So then in the evening, before dinner, she was making all the poop faces. I asked her to sit on the toilet (she is a bit scared of using the toilet for number 2) and I gave her one chocolate chip for being so good to come sit calmly without freaking out. I then held the chocolate chips she would receive for success in front of her which helped a lot! She needed a little help focusing. Success! I'm just glad for a bit of improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment