Brave Adventure

Brave Adventure

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Ups and Downs




It has been an interesting week with lots of ups and downs. Two weeks is probably more appropriate. Our little man had a set back in growth and we discovered that he is anemic. We really kept it to ourselves for a while because, honestly, I have a hard time talking about it. Updating a large group of people on something that makes you feel a bit like a failure is just difficult. But, I got the good news this week that he has already gained a pound back in the two weeks since his last appointment. So he just had a little dip and it really should not be a big deal long term. Praise the Lord.

Then, great news, we met our t-shirt goal! We have been selling t-shirts to help spread the word and raise funds for our adoption. We were hoping to sell 75 shirts and we sold exactly 76 shirts! Only the Lord could have done it. We had several people order shirts that we don't even know and some just support us on top of that. I have been overwhelmed by how the Lord has used His people for His glory!

Then, we found out that our adoption application was lost in the mail. I was so upset and deeply frustrated. But I know that God has purpose in it. We are filling it out again and I have just been so blessed by how God is showing me Himself in the little things. He is SO good. I'm not saying that it is not difficult, or frustrating, or hard on my emotions. It is. But I know that God has a plan even in this. I don't know what the plan is, but I know it exists. I'm confident. I am prayerful. And I am further reminded that this process will always have its ups and downs.


No comments:

Post a Comment